Sunday, March 9, 2008

Coral Cay Beach Resort

When we booked our hotel in Siquijor, my only requirements were that (1) it should be affordable and (2) there should be running water. We searched for a cheap hotel in the Internet and booked ourselves at Coral Cay Beach Resort. After roughing it without running water in Apo Island Resort Hotel, I wasn't expecting much about Coral Cay Beach Resort. But... we were surprised to what awaited us. The entire resort was far, far better than what I expected. I'm not sure if it's because I was roughing it in Apo Island the previous day or if it's the cheap prices that blew me away about Coral Cay. Maybe it's a combination of both. Anyway, here's my glowing review of Coral Cay Beach Resort. What I love about our stay was that the white sand beach was right at the doorstep. The water is only about 40-50 feet away from our cottage. There's wash basin for your feet beside the steps. It's a nice touch because it minimizes the amount of sand that you bring into the cottage Behind our cottage, is the swimming pool. And right beside the swimming is a spa! We stayed in a cottage with one bedroom but two beds. Unfortunately, only the bedroom was air-conditioned. There's a ceiling fan though in the living room right above the bed. Though you can't see it in the picture above, there is a refrigerator in the living room which is to the right of the sofa. The bathroom was clean and nice. And, it has a hot shower! The restaurant serves a wide selection of both international and local cuisine. Unfortunately, the prices border on the expensive side. However, the servings are relatively large and the food was full of taste. They didn't skimp on the ingredients! The entire staff were always smiling and happy to serve you. They had a lot of kind words to say about the foreigner who owned the resort. While having dinner, the owner even asked us if we were happy with our dinner and the service. I highly recommend the resort and would not hesitate in staying in Coral Cay Beach resort again. Though I haven't stayed in any other hotel in Siquijor, I wouldn't bother searching for alternatives. What for?!

No comments: